You Think You’re Free. What if You’re Not?
Several years ago, if you would have asked me, “Are you free?” my answer would have been a confident “yes.”
I was a Christian. I attended church every Sunday. I was baptized as a teenager. Heck, I lived in America. Of course I was free. Sadly, I was very mistaken.
Despite doing all the “right Christian things,” I felt hollow inside.
I read my Bible, participated in a few small groups, and prayed regularly. I even made decisions that looked very different from most of my college peers. I was your classic “good” girl, an exemplary Christian.
Yet, if I were to do some true soul searching, I would have described my spiritual life as boring, routine, comfortable, or perhaps even worse, normal.
Do you ever feel this way? Sure, your spiritual life is important to you. Yes, you make it a priority. But is it thrilling?
- Do you ever find yourself rushing through prayer or reading your Bible just so you can check it off the list?
- When you pause and look deep into your soul, do you feel discontentment?
- When you tune in and really listen, do you hear an unsettling voice that whispers, “There must be more to Christianity than this?”
If you have answered “yes” to any of these questions, keep reading.
What I discovered was downright frightening. I learned that I, along with most of the world, had been lulled to sleep and imprisoned inside a carefully crafted bedtime tale–the Story of the World.
Why is the Story of the World so scary? Because it is a false and alternate reality, one we have been convinced is true.
Think of all the crazy conspiracy theories in our world. They’re laughable, right? But what if they were true. Then they would be terrifying. The Story of the World is the conspiracy plot of a spiritual enemy who wants to blind Christians from the truth.
What truth? That we are slaves.
- Slaves to the American Dream
- Slaves to watered-down, Americanized Christianity
- Slaves to a life of settling
- Slaves to a life that is less than the radical, set-apart life that God actually has for us
No matter where you are in your relationship with God, no matter how awesome or average it may seem, God has MORE for you.
When I discovered this truth, my entire life changed.
God introduced me to a new Story–His Story.
Discover the Life You Were Made for!
What I discovered when I embraced this truth is a journey that is bursting with adventure. A journey filled with:
- Action and suspense
- Heroes and villains
- Danger and deep purpose.
God’s Story is not a nice, neat, little collection of bedtime tales. Rather, it is a passionate, dangerous, out of this world epic saga, and you and I were made to be a part of it!
My latest book, ESCAPE, is a wake-up call for you and me. It’s an invitation to true freedom. It’s the voice in the wilderness beckoning us to embrace a very different life in a very different story–God’s Story.
- If you are ready to break free from mediocre Christianity
- If you want to escape the deceptive lie of the Story of the World
- If you are eager to begin living the radical, set-apart, and adventurous life that God has for you
Then order your copy of ESCAPE today!
In addition to receiving a book that has the power to completely transform your life, you can also sign up to download a FREE complementary guide titled Plan Your ESCAPE.
This guide provides a deeper dive into the content of the book and helps you apply what you are reading so you can plan your own journey of escape.
- A behind-the-scenes look at my journey of escape
- Bonus material for diving deeper into specific topics
- Discussion questions for each chapter (can be used individually or in a group setting)
- A plan for reading the Bible as one complete story
Grab a group of friends and invite them to take the journey with you.
Ready to break free and embrace the amazing life God has for you? What are you waiting for? It’s time to plan your escape!
One Final Thing
The time to escape is now. If your spiritual life needs a wake-up call and you’re craving something MORE when it comes to this thing we call faith, don’t wait. Don’t allow yourself to be deceived by the enemy any longer. Break free! Embrace the radical, set-apart, and adventurous life you were always made for. You will never be the same!